Jump to content
PLAY NOW
F3NDI

BTS OS-RSPS

Recommended Posts

F3NDI    16

Hey guys,

 

Just over a month has passed since I was promoted to the position of community manager. In this time, a LOT has happened. This thread will go over the previous roadmap, and further detail what we can look forward to in the future!

 

Previous Roadmap

In the previous month, a lot has happened!

1.    Over 5 youtubers hired including an OSRS youtuber with over 70k subs, resulting in over 15 videos being made, ensuring a consistently high player base

2.    Updated QoL to the forums, including the installation of a new theme and hooks.

3.    The announcement of a major wilderness event in ‘Bloodthirst’. This will commence at a later date than originally thought, as we try and execute the logistics in game

4.    Wilderness initiative rank being created, the players that are successful are in the process of receiving feedback. 5.    In contact with numerous PK clans over the above competition. And a lot lot more…

 

Future Roadmap

In order to ensure constant success, here are SOME of my plans for the following month:

1.    Utilising data analysis [ROI] to target youtubers that are doing well for us, ensuring they continue.

2.    Creating a detailed plan with the wilderness initiative team of changes that could be made that would be pivotal for the regeneration of wilderness before the pending competition

3.    Working with Tom to perfect the logistics of the tournament, with talks including an ELO system, and other recommendations.

4.    Continue to engage with the community, making their voice the loudest

 

I’d like to thank the players; their continuous support ensures that OS-RSPS continues to thrive everyday!
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shxun    5

Thanks for the recap!

 

I was unsuccessful in finding the OldSchool YouTube video created by the YouTuber with over 70,000 subscribers - who was it? Remember not to ignore the smaller YouTubers, and fixate on viewers over subscribers. Also - a full series/active livestreamer > promotion/review video. especially if hiring bigger YouTubers, as it would bring in twice+ as many players, as the YouTuber's fans want to be playing with the YouTuber. By time the YouTuber has culminated their full series or have actively livestreamed a certain amount of times, the YouTuber's fans may have progressed a decent amount and have possibly grown an addiction to OldSchool, thus giving them the decision to stick around and continue to play.

 

I assume that the upcoming Bloodthrist event will be promoted on several forums and by several YouTubers, because it would just be dead content otherwise. I have been on & off with OldSchool since day 1, and no-one in the current community at the time of my returns seems to ever PK. I dearly hope to see a bundle of both Wilderness and PvP updates before the upcoming Bloodthirst event, which will all hopefully give attraction to new arriving PKers solely for the upcoming Bloodthirst event, as it would be great if even a small amount decide to stick around after it.

Edited by Shxun
  • Like 1

~ Shxun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Google    0

So during your time here, there was a pretty big sized youtuber that started making vids for OS.  An update to a forum that not many people at all use. Announced a wilderness update. Then made a rank for a wilderness with 6 people in it.. Doesn't seem like a lot. Sorry i'm just really not that impressed, it seems like nothing has actually happened according to this post.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shxun    5
3 hours ago, Google said:

So during your time here, there was a pretty big sized youtuber that started making vids for OS.  An update to a forum that not many people at all use. Announced a wilderness update. Then made a rank for a wilderness with 6 people in it.. Doesn't seem like a lot. Sorry i'm just really not that impressed, it seems like nothing has actually happened according to this post.

 

He joined almost 2 months ago - that is not enough time for him to show the community what he has to offer. He most likely spent a large amount of time at the beginning of his community manager position by familiarising himself with the OldSchool gameplay, its website/forum, what goes on behind the scenes and how it works, and he also had to meet community. Brainstorming what he could bring to the table here at OldSchool is another thing. He may have had a plethora of ideas upon arrival, some of which got abnegated by the rest of the OldSchool team, whereas some may be coming later. We do not ken these things.

I have no idea who the YouTuber with over 70,000 subscribers that created a video for OldSchool is, but he/she may have helped OldSchool bring 50 new players into the community while 50 older players left the community in the month of the YouTuber's advertisement, which results in a playerbase save. 

 

While the forum does not get many members actively posting, it does not mean it is inactive, and the website/forum is the first thing new arrivals see. 120 were online in the last 24 hours, and that does not include guests and bots. The website/forum gives newcomers a first impression, I always check out an RSPS' website/forum before checking out the game, and I would turn my head away if the website/forum has had lazy work done to it. 

Give him time. 

Edited by Shxun
  • Like 3

~ Shxun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3NDI    16
On 9/6/2020 at 7:11 PM, Google said:

So during your time here, there was a pretty big sized youtuber that started making vids for OS.  An update to a forum that not many people at all use. Announced a wilderness update. Then made a rank for a wilderness with 6 people in it.. Doesn't seem like a lot. Sorry i'm just really not that impressed, it seems like nothing has actually happened according to this post.

 

 

On 9/6/2020 at 8:12 PM, Shxun said:

He joined almost 2 months ago - that is not enough time for him to show the community what he has to offer. He most likely spent a large amount of time at the beginning of his community manager position by familiarising himself with the OldSchool gameplay, its website/forum, what goes on behind the scenes and how it works, and he also had to meet community. Brainstorming what he could bring to the table here at OldSchool is another thing. He may have had a plethora of ideas upon arrival, some of which got abnegated by the rest of the OldSchool team, whereas some may be coming later. We do not ken these things.

I have no idea who the YouTuber with over 70,000 subscribers that created a video for OldSchool is, but he/she may have helped OldSchool bring 50 new players into the community while 50 older players left the community in the month of the YouTuber's advertisement, which results in a playerbase save. 

 

While the forum does not get many members actively posting, it does not mean it is inactive, and the website/forum is the first thing new arrivals see. 120 were online in the last 24 hours, and that does not include guests and bots. The website/forum gives newcomers a first impression, I always check out an RSPS' website/forum before checking out the game, and I would turn my head away if the website/forum has had lazy work done to it. 

Give him time. 

@Google, this post sums it up well. Just to clarify, my position is as manager of advertisements. This is being done to a high standard. More youtubers are releasing videos, more giveaways are being done and ultimately more players are joining. There is no coincidence that the playercount has stayed the same and in some timezones increased. Normally most RSPS experience a reduction in playerbase after it releasing, we have been released for 6 months with no let up.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3NDI    16
On 9/6/2020 at 2:12 PM, Shxun said:

Thanks for the recap!

 

I was unsuccessful in finding the OldSchool YouTube video created by the YouTuber with over 70,000 subscribers - who was it? Remember not to ignore the smaller YouTubers, and fixate on viewers over subscribers. Also - a full series/active livestreamer > promotion/review video. especially if hiring bigger YouTubers, as it would bring in twice+ as many players, as the YouTuber's fans want to be playing with the YouTuber. By time the YouTuber has culminated their full series or have actively livestreamed a certain amount of times, the YouTuber's fans may have progressed a decent amount and have possibly grown an addiction to OldSchool, thus giving them the decision to stick around and continue to play.

 

I assume that the upcoming Bloodthrist event will be promoted on several forums and by several YouTubers, because it would just be dead content otherwise. I have been on & off with OldSchool since day 1, and no-one in the current community at the time of my returns seems to ever PK. I dearly hope to see a bundle of both Wilderness and PvP updates before the upcoming Bloodthirst event, which will all hopefully give attraction to new arriving PKers solely for the upcoming Bloodthirst event, as it would be great if even a small amount decide to stick around after it.

As per the protocols of Jagex, we designed a contract with the osrs youtuber whereby after a period of 5 days the video could be unlisted. In that time, over 5000 views were on this video, and the osrs youtuber is BoomEpicKill

 

In regards to your 2nd paragraph, what you have assumed is correct! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Powered by Invision Community