PLAY NOW
Izay

Pet Threshold 2

Izay    48

Hello Gamers,

We've been reading you guys discuss in the previous thread about whether or not we should add the pet threshold from RS3 on OSRSPS.
The support on the topic and the activity overall was great, thanks for participating in making the server better!

As a result of the first impression of the pet threshold being positive we now need to dive in deeper into how exactly will we introduce the feature.
We need you for that once again, as you will be the people who will kill 100's of bosses to get a better chance of a pet!
Give us numbers! Here is a list of every boss with a pet that will need a threshold:

- Kree'arra (Armadyl GWD Boss) -> Pet 1/3000
- General Graardor (Bandos GWD Boss) -> Pet 1/3000

- Kril Tsutsaroth (Zamorak GWD Boss) -> Pet 1/3000

- Commander Zilyana (Saradomin GWD Boss) -> Pet 1/3000
- Cerberus -> Pet 1/3000

- Kalphite Queen -> Pet 1/3000

- Dagannoth Prime -> Pet 1/5000

- Dagannoth Supreme -> Pet 1/5000

- Dagannoth Rex -> Pet 1/5000

- Alchemical Hydra -> Pet 1/3000

- Grotesque Guardians -> Pet 1/3000

- Kraken -> Pet 1/3000

- Thermonuclear Smoke Devil -> 1/3000

- Abyssal Sire (Here it would be alot lower due to the pet dropping from the Unsired, not the Boss itself)

- Chaos Elemental / Chaos Fanatic (Do you guys think we need a threshold for this boss? The Pet is 1/300)

- Scorpia -> Pet 1/2000

- Vet'ion -> Pet 1/2000

- Venenatis -> Pet 1/2000

- Callisto -> Pet 1/2000

- King Black Dragon -> Pet 1/3000

- Skotizo (Same question here, do we need a threshold for this? It's already 1/65)

- Zalcano -> Pet 1/1850

- TzTok-Jad -> Pet 1/200 (Not taking Fire cape gamble into account)

- TzKal-Zuk -> Pet 1/100 (Not taking Infernal cape gamble into account)

- Giant Mole -> Pet 1/3000

- Zulrah -> Pet 1/4000

- Corporeal Beast -> Pet 1/5000

- Vorkath -> Pet 1/3000

- The Nightmare -> Pet 1/4000
- Theatre of Blood -> Pet 1/400

- Sands of Avarice -> Pet 1/650

Those are all the bosses with an obtainable pet on the server with their current droprate of the pet, now its time for you!
I was thinking of leaving this completely open, but this would make finding that 1 option we want pretty hard, so I prepared two "options",

that you can talk about, those can still be altered, like a "mixed" option between the 2.

1. Option

We make a set "calculation" that covers all bosses the same way. For example: Threshold is half the droprate of the pet and then doubles the chances
Which would be 2000 nightmare KC to get a 2/4000 or 1/2000 droprate for example.

2. Option

We make different thresholds for every boss based on how fast/slow they are, this would prob. not be done in here with the exact numbers,
we would ask which bosses would you guys consider as long, which as fast and which as "medium" and then release a list we work on behind the

scenes and ask you guys if it's good for you.

Thanks for reading once again!
Keep it civil, have fun while discussing!

Pie    3

Option 2 would be better but would need to make sure to keep it fair across the board on considering which are faster and which are slower

• Thanks 1

Law    8

Personally I think the killcount needed as suggested in Option 1 is far, far too high and as you know I would simply use the RS3 calculation. I don't think needing half the pet drop rate in kills would motivate me nearly enough to grind a rare pet.

So it is Option 2 for me hoping for a better outcome.

If Option 1, please consider using RS3s calculation of Pet base drop rate/5 = 1 threshold, cap it at 9 thresholds for a maximum drop rate of 10/base drop rate. I feel like that would be balanced perfectly as rarity is already decided by the base rate itself.

Edited by Law
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Initially i was agaisnt this idea because i really like pets being extremely rare, but seeing what everyone has been saying in the previous thread, i changed my mind.

Personally i think a good way to do it would be have pet threshold start at the drop rate for the pet, and increase by 25% chance of getting the pet each 1000 kill count after that.

For example, if a pet has a 1/3000 drop rate:

1 - 3000 kc = 1/3000 drop rate

3001 - 4000 kc = 1/2250 drop rate (3000 * 0,75)

4001 - 5000 kc = 1/1687 drop rate (2250 * 0,75)

5001 - 6000 kc = 1/1265 drop rate (1687 * 0,75)

6001 - 7000 kc = 1/949 drop rate (1265 * 0,75)

This could obviously have a cap, maybe at 1/500 or even 1/1000 so that pets are still rare, and not guaranteed to have at a certain kc. 

Also, if you guys think pets such like nightmare would still be too rare, this system could start at 1000 kc for certain bosses instead of starting at the pet droprate.

Edited by Ex Nihilo
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

tato    5

Saradomin 1000
Zamorak 1000
Bandos 1000
Armadyl 1000
Cerberus 1000
Kalphite Queen 500/750
DKS 1000
GG 500
Hydra 750/1000
Kraken 1000
Thermy 1000
Sire no threshold because it's already so common
scorpia 1000
vetíon 1000
venenatis 1000
callisto 1000
KBD 1000
skotizo common enough doesn't need threshold
zalcano 250 (people only do zalcano on event and solo is slow)
jad/inferno leave alone
giant mole 1000
zulrah 1000
corp 500
vorkath 1000
nightmare is 1/1.6k not 1/4k, 500 threshold just like corp.
raids pets should be left alone

thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Izay    48
16 minutes ago, Law said:

Personally I think the killcount needed as suggested in Option 1 is far, far too high and as you know I would simply use the RS3 calculation. I don't think needing half the pet drop rate in kills would motivate me nearly enough to grind a rare pet.

So it is Option 2 for me hoping for a better outcome.

If Option 1, please consider using RS3s calculation of Pet base drop rate/5 = 1 threshold, cap it at 9 thresholds for a maximum drop rate of 10/base drop rate. I feel like that would be balanced perfectly as rarity is already decided by the base rate itself.

The numbers in option 1 were just an example, but it seems like option 2 pans out as favourite already anyways 😄

• Like 1

option 2, heavily recommend the first threshold being quite low like tato suggested, but being balanced with it having a smaller reduction of the rate instead of the starting theshold being a high KC or equal to the bosses pet rate but then having a large reduction in rarity to make up for the first threshold being high.

Example;

I prefer a 1-3000 snakeling to have the first threshold at 1000 kc but the rate be reduced from 1-3000 to 1-2700, incomparion to;

a 1-3000 snakeling to have the first threshold at 3000 kc but the rate be reduced from 1-3000 to 1-2100.

Should equally have the same effect just the starting threshold is lower but less impactful, i find this more motivating and should not make the pet more common than a starting threshold of 3000.

Another main reason for option 2 is for certain pets like corp and nightmare, they take 10+x longer than most other pets due to the kill time and i feel like they should be balanced accordingly having a lower threshold, it should still take longer to get than other pets but i feel like 1-5k corp taking minutes to kill should be balanced appropriately to make it a realistic grindable pet, and hopefully has many thresholds u will go through on the way to it.

Edited by Amatsukaze24
  • Thanks 1

Emulsify    2

Can someone explain this to me better? I don't understand the whole threshold thing and I'm going for all boss pets so hopefully I can have an educated vote lol./

• Like 1

emulsify banner2.png

Izay    48
22 minutes ago, Emulsify said:

Can someone explain this to me better? I don't understand the whole threshold thing and I'm going for all boss pets so hopefully I can have an educated vote lol./

Check this first topic where we first asked if the server wants it, I explained it there 🙂