PLAY NOW
Tom

What's going on with OSPS [January 2021]

Tom    330

indova-logo.png

Hello everyone,

This post is overdue. In it, I will address the most common questions and concerns from the community. Let’s address the elephant in the room. As of December, there has been no real update on the server nor any proper communication as to why. There were several reasons why this occurred, including personal struggles and the holiday season. For now, we will be doing internal discussions on what the server needs, both in-game, as a community, and advertisement.

Personal struggles

I started university back in January 2020 as I wanted to grow as a person and learn more about programming/computer science as it’s my passion. By the time OldSchool RSPS launched (May), I had already finished my first semester and was able to spend and focus all my time on the server. As I started the second semester in November, I began to juggle school work and OSPS work, which worked fine until midterms hit. After that, the school work became too much to juggle around. Patch notes weren’t as big or constant anymore (switched over to “weekly updates” as opposed to updating every couple of days).

The semester ended around mid-December. After that, I went away to spend time with family during the holiday season and came back around January 10th. Near the end of my stay, I had to begin thinking of what I wanted to do during 2021. If I wanted to focus on Uni or if I should put my focus on OSPS and our community.

I had registered for my courses as I did not have much time left to do so. However, as of yesterday, I made the concrete decision of choosing to focus on OSPS once again. I love learning, but I also love coding for our community and the passion from every single one of you. That leads to what some of you may be asking: what does the future consist of for OSPS?

Future of OSPS

As of now, I am working on overdue QoL and bug fixes from our TODO list. After the patch today, I will begin on frequently requested Farming updates and then continue work on The Gauntlet. After these two big content additions, I will be looking into a new Raid being added. Apart from that, I will be trying to get feedback on community management and upper management to see where we can improve and build a solid foundation for the next step.

The next step consists of advertisements. With the extra time I have to focus on OSPS, I will spend time on ad campaigns. I have some ideas of what I want to do with ad campaigns, but I am still open to suggestions and hearing any thoughts on the matter! On a final note, I would like to give my sincerest apologies for not keeping everyone up to date as to what is going on. I prefer not bringing up personal matters as it feels like trying to use them as excuses. However, it was necessary to understand the full context of the situation. I cannot stress enough how much I love our community, way back from Indova to OldSchool. It has been a fun ride. I can only look forward to what the future holds for us!

Thanks for your understanding,

Tomm - Proud Developer of OSPS

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Narco    1

Welcome back, we're glad to see you're back. Really looking forward to where the server is gonna head now that you're not busy anymore and can put time into the server. Glad to hear the news, and hope all is well IRL as well. ❤️ Much love to ya Tomm.

k9k9k    1

hi more adving pls tom start now gogogogogo we want 200 players again gogogogogo i love this server as everyone else does just lacking that player base again xoxooxox thanks tom

Bag    42
On 3/1/2021 at 6:11 AM, k9k9k said:

hi more adving pls tom start now gogogogogo we want 200 players again gogogogogo i love this server as everyone else does just lacking that player base again xoxooxox thanks tom

Advertisement would be nice but the little community we have left is good enough for now 🙂

tato.png.127e7f2beb5b2af7d83e54c688279010.png

k9k9k    1
On 3/28/2021 at 6:13 AM, Bag said:

Advertisement would be nice but the little community we have left is good enough for now 🙂

naw naw its getting to a bad level

• Like 1