New forum & poll

Own profile or Emblems  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer your own profiles or emblems

• own profiles
    • emblems

F3NDI    16

Hey guys,

We are so happy to announce the addition of a new forum theme. We feel as though this gives a perfect blend between being smart yet appeasing. The old forums felt outdated, but for whomever would still like to use that theme, you can do so by choosing theme [bottom right] and then your most favourable one. The theme itself is 80% done, we would also like to add custom fonts as a standard for higher tier donators, which will be done soon! 

When I joined the server I promised to listen to the players. So the first poll I would like to do is to ask the players of the server if they would rather their own profile pictures [currently in place] or a post-count system whereby the more you post, the higher your emblem. For example, if you get 50 posts, you would be awarded with the KBD emblem. We would follow a key such as this: 

TXxLXY7.png

Aside from this, we have been actively looking to grow this already strong community. In the next few weeks a number of familiar youtubers will be making videos for the server, helping to showcase our unique features!

Thanks once again guys!

Edited by F3NDI
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anthony    5

I didn't think the first time I'd see something from our surprise new community manager it'd be a change that, in the end, makes zero real impact on our community and engagement ingame. Secondly, the first poll proposing things that I personally think is irrelevant, unless your main goal here is to foster more forum activity in the age of discord with instant community interaction outside of the game as if we are still in 2008 when vBulletin and postcount icons were the wave.

I could only assume the majority of players would prefer to be listened to in regards to things in-game instead of future changes to the forum, where in my opinion, the previous main theme did not warrant any changes, but thank you for leaving it as an option. 

I look forward to see what could be and will be done to foster community engagement and activity in-game, similar to what Tom hosted with pvm bingo. 

Edited by Anthony
Rubber duckies

SpongeBob    18

Website and forum looking a hella lot better, but no to the post count avatars/emblems, this isn't Near Reality, Mr 99 Skilla.

Edited by SpongeBob

F3NDI    16
14 hours ago, RedTiger said:

I like the emblems, but maybe expand on it more.

Not sure what else to say. Its merely an incentive to increase forum activity.

14 hours ago, Tom Delonge said:

Profile pictures, but why not have the option for both?

That is a good idea, I will see if its possible. The best of both worlds!

14 hours ago, Anthony said:

I didn't think the first time I'd see something from our surprise new community manager it'd be a change that, in the end, makes zero real impact on our community and engagement ingame. Secondly, the first poll proposing things that I personally think is irrelevant, unless your main goal here is to foster more forum activity in the age of discord with instant community interaction outside of the game as if we are still in 2008 when vBulletin and postcount icons were the wave.

I could only assume the majority of players would prefer to be listened to in regards to things in-game instead of future changes to the forum, where in my opinion, the previous main theme did not warrant any changes, but thank you for leaving it as an option. 

I look forward to see what could be and will be done to foster community engagement and activity in-game, similar to what Tom hosted with pvm bingo. 

Appreciate the feedback. When I was introduced to the server, my sole focus was to create an Ad campaign, which is in the works. We have invested a lot into a number of different streams that will ensure we continue to prosper. The main focus of any game is to have activity AND engagement in EVERY aspect. While your statement has validity in attributing the importance of discord, the first thing a player sees when joining is the forum. The second thing they see is the discord. The forum acts as a base, the discord more so a tool for speaking to players.

In regards to your 2nd paragraph, the community is being listened to, and will continue to be! If there is anything you are unpleased with, please make a suggestion or alternatively PM me!

Your last paragraph is what we all want, however community related events are being hosted by Tom for the forseeable future. It is not that I don't want to do these great events, but Tom specifically told me he has this covered until otherwise said, and I think he's doing a great job!

46 minutes ago, SpongeBob said:

Website and forum looking a hella lot better, but no to the post count avatars/emblems, this isn't Near Reality, Mr 99 Skilla.

Thanks, I agree!

F3NDI    16
9 hours ago, Ivy said:

Option for both would be nice

4 hours ago, Meliodas said:

I agree with everyone, i think an option for both would be the best way to go.

Goodjob on the forums, looks pretty 🙂

noted!

Dax    11

Me personally I have always cherished my own profile picture with small ranks, icons, etc. below. This distinguishes us a bit and keeps us unique.

Both options are very nice though! Keep up the amazing work @F3NDI THE FORUMS LOOK 100x BETTER THAN BEFORE!

Edited by Dax